Rules of the School
- Students must bow to the flag, Sah-Bum-Nim, and other black belt instructors.
- Students must address instructors as Sir or Ma’am when speaking.
- Students must respect and obey instructors.
- Speaking during class is not permitted unless responding to instructors.
- Swearing, smoking, and drinking liquor is prohibited.
- Students must attend class regularly for their own good.
- Students must help keep the Do-Jang clean.
Kyuki-do Student Pledge
- I shall respect my instructors and all senior ranks.
- I shall conduct myself in a respectful manner.
- I shall respect the teachings of Kyuki-do and never misuse them.
- I shall always respect the rights of others.
- I shall strive for peace and comradery in the world.
Tenets of Kyuki-do
Courtesy: Treating people with the respect they deserve.
Humility: Recognizing that no matter how great your accomplishments may be that they do not make you better than anyone else.
Integrity: Knowing the difference between right and wrong and always choosing what is right.
Perseverance: Continuing even in the face of adversity
Self-control: Exercising restraint over yourself and being in command of your thoughts, feelings, and actions.
Indomitable Spirit: The spark that gives you the power to persevere and having faith in what you do and knowing that your training is a worthwhile journey to the end, and that eventually your success and accomplishments will be realized.